We are delighted to announce that Adrian Green, Special Projects Director at Ecopare, has achieved the Certified Measurement & Verification Professional qualification.
This CMVP qualification allows Ecopare to conduct 3rd party verification projects and adds Measurement and Verification to Ecopare’s already extensive range of solutions.
Association of Energy Engineers, in cooperation with the Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO), has established the Certified Measurement and Verification Professional program with the dual purpose of recognizing the most qualified professionals in this growing area of the energy industry, and raising the overall professional standards within the measurement and verification field.
The International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP), first established by the U.S. D.O.E., has become the internationally recognized protocol for performance measurement and verification (M&V). The IPMVP guidelines, built with the help of organizations from 16 countries and hundreds of individual experts from 25 nations, provides a consistent, reliable approach to M&V around the world. More information about EVO as well as access to the guidelines can be found at www.evo-world.org.
Since 1981, AEE has certified over 15,000 professionals within the energy industry. AEE’s certifications are recognized by governmental agencies, including the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Agency for International Development, as well as by utilities, end users, and energy service companies. When you earn the right to put the initials “CMVP” behind your name, you are distinguishing yourself among those involved professionally in areas requiring the application of accurate and reliable measurement and verification methodologies. You have demonstrated high levels of experience, competence, and specialized knowledge within your field.
To raise the professional standards of those engaged in measurement and verification
To improve the practice of measurement and verification by encouraging professionals to partake in a continuing education program of professional development for measurement and verification professionals
To identify persons with acceptable knowledge of the principles and practices of measurement and verification through completing the certification and fulfilling prescribed standards of performance and conduct
To award special recognition to those professionals who have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical fitness in measurement and verification
Each candidate must meet one of the following criteria in order to sit for the examination:
– 4-year degree from an accredited university or college in science, engineering, architecture, business, law, finance, or related field AND 3 years of verified experience in energy or building or facility management, or measurement and verification
– Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) AND 3 years of verified experience in energy or building or facility management, or measurement and verification
– 4-year non-technical degree from an accredited college or university in a field not specified above AND 5 years of verified experience in energy or building or facility management, or measurement and verification
– 2-year technical degree AND 5 years of verified experience in energy or building or facility management, or measurement and verification
– 10 years of verified experience in energy or building or facility management, or measurement and verification
– Current Status of Certified Energy Manager® (CEM®)